On the wake of multiple form submission by candidates, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has released a circular of important instructions. The circular pertains information regarding filling up of forms and do’s and don’ts.
Importance Of The Circular
The NTA has stated that it will cancel applications without any intimation in case of multiple form submission. The official NTA statement in the circular:
“Only one application is to be submitted by the candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.”
JEE Main 2019: Key Points to Remember While Applying
For candidates who appeared in the January exam and are applying for JEE Main in April:
- Once the Candidates visits the official website https://jeemain.nic.in, they will have to log in with their JEE Main January 2019 application number.
- To finish filling up the form, the candidates will have to select the course (paper 1 or paper 2 or both), select the medium of the question paper and choose 4 center cities.
- To complete the form submission, candidates will have to pay the exam fee via Debit/Credit card, Net-Banking or e-Challan.
For candidates who did not appear in the January exam and applying for JEE Main in April, will have to register for fresh candidature. Here is the process:
- Once candidates visit the official website they should click on the “Apply for JEE (Main) April 2019″ tab to begin registrations.
- The candidates to carefully fill out the application form as any misinformation or incomplete information will lead to revoking of the candidature.
- Once the application form is submitted, an “Application Number” will be generated. The application number will be required to complete the registration process and to access and receive all future communications from NTA.
- To continue the registration process, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature. The photograph size should be between 10kb to 200kb and the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb. Once uploaded, candidates will not be given a chance to re-upload.
- The next step would be to submit the details furnished and pay the fees. The fee can be paid through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e Challan. One should keep in mind that no offline payment will be accepted.
Exam Dates-JEE Main 2019 (April)
|Online Registration- Begins||8th February 2019|
|Availability of Mock Tests||3rd Week of February 2019|
|Online Registration Ends||7th March 2019|
|Exam Date||7th – 20th April 2019 (8 different sittings and the candidate can choose any one)|
|Results||30th April 2019|
JEE Main April 2019 Fees
The JEE Main Paper-1/Paper-2 fee is Rs. 500/- for general category students and for the reserved category the fee is Rs. 250/-.
If a candidate chooses to appear for both the papers, he/she will have to pay a fee of Rs. 900 (for general category) or Rs. 450 (for reserved category).