Examinations are an integral part of the Indian educational system. Among the various examinations held at various levels, JEE Main and JEE Advanced are surely one of the toughest. Qualifying JEE Advanced is has a high prestige value in our country where huge stress is laid on education especially science and engineering.
Having become an IT superpower, India’s most prized possession is perhaps the intellectual capital. While our English proficiency gives us an edge over Chinese, the computer proficiency in Indian programmers is no less than world class. In fact, Indians are known to have a huge majority in IT giants like Google, Facebook, and many other promising start-ups in the Silicon Valley.
Here, in this blog, we take a close peep into the preference of most meritorious Indian students who have all the options at their disposal. The below trends are indicative of engineering aspirants’ preferences and it shows which study streams are most prestigious and highest paid in various IITs.
- Computer Science branch at each of the IIT is the first branch to be filled. The trend has been exhibited by all the IITs.
- 4-year B. Tech. Courses are preferred by students in comparison to 5-year B. Tech + M. Tech integrated programs.
- Students in general prefer the Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Computing and similar branches in various previously established IITs in comparison to the newer ones.
- Aerospace and Chemical Engineering are generally lesser preferred than the branches mentioned earlier.
- IIT Mumbai is usually the first one to ben filled which is followed closely by IIT Delhi.
- IIT Chennai and IIT Kanpur are equally preferred after IIT Mumbai and Delhi.
- The closing JEE Advanced ranks for various colleges are:
|Institute||Course||Trade||Closing JEE Adv Rank|
|IIT Bombay||4-year B.Tech. Course||Computer Science and Engineering||60|
|IIT Delhi||4-year B.Tech. Course||Computer Science and Engineering||115|
|IIT Madras||4-year B.Tech. Course||Computer Science and Engineering||173|
|IIT Delhi||5-year B.Tech. + M.Tech. Dual Degree Course||Computer Science and Engineering||186|
|IIT Bombay||4-year B.Tech. Course||Electrical Engineering||227|
|IIT Kanpur||4-year B.Tech. Course||Computer Science and Engineering||230|
|IIT Madras||5-year B.Tech. + M.Tech. Dual Degree Course||Computer Science and Engineering||278|
|IIT Kharagpur||4-year B.Tech. Course||Computer Science and Engineering||286|
|IIT Kharagpur||5-year B.Tech. + M.Tech. Dual Degree Course||Computer Science and Engineering||389|
|IIT Delhi||4-year B.Tech. Course||Mathematics and Computing||397|
|IIT Delhi||4-year B.Tech. Course||Electrical Engineering||403|
|IIT Delhi||5-year B.Tech. + M.Tech. Dual Degree Course||Mathematics and Computing||477|
For more insights on JEE Advanced and IITs, keep checking myPAT blog.