The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the question paper and the answer key of JEE Main 2019 (January).
The first session of JEE Main 2019 is now over! A whopping 9,41,117 number of candidates have registered for the computer-based examination.
Answer key of JEE Main 2019
The JEE Main 2019 question paper and the answer key will be available for students to view from 14th of January to 17th of January 2019.
The NTA has advised the candidates to save and download the question paper of JEE Main 2019 and their responses for future reference, as post 17th January the facility to check the answer key won’t be available.
Steps to download JEE Main 2019 answer key
- Candidates will have to visit the official JEE Main website to download the answer key: https://jeemain.nic.in/
- By clicking on the “Display Question Papers and their Responses”, candidates will be taken to the login
- The login options are: “Through Application number and password” and Through Application number and date of birth”
- Candidates will have to fill in the necessary details along with the security pin to view the question papers they had attempted and the responses they had marked.
Raising an Objection
The candidates will now be able to raise an objection to the official answer key released by the NTA on the JEE Main official website. The facility to challenge the answer key is available to the candidates till 17th of January 2019 (up to 11.50 pm).
Candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 to avail the facility to challenge the answer key. The fees can be paid through Debit/Credit Card/Net-Banking.
Important information in regards to raising an objection
- Candidates will have click on the “challenge answer key” option in the official JEE Main website and log in with the application number and date of birth or password.
- If one wishes to challenge the correct option given by the NTA, they may choose any one or more than one of the Option ID(s) given in the next four columns by clicking the checkbox.
- After clicking on the desired Option ID(s), candidates will have to click on the ‘Save your Claims’ tab and move on to the next screen.
- The candidates now will be able to see all the Option ID(s) that they have challenged.
- Candidates can upload supporting documents in which they can select ‘Choose File’ and upload (all documents are to be put in a single pdf file).
- Click on ‘Save your Claims and pay Fee’.
- If the claim by a candidate is found to be correct, then his/her processing fee will be refunded.
- The candidates can raise an objection only in the online mode. No offline objection will be entertained.