IIT Roorkee has successfully conducted the coveted JEE Advanced 2019 on 27th of May. Paper 1 of the examination was held from 9 AM to 12 PM in the morning slot, followed by paper 2 in the evening slot from 2 PM to 5 PM.
This year 245,000 students were eligible to appear in this year’s JEE Advanced. However, out of the qualified students, only 1.73 lakh students registered for the examination.
Most students found the mathematics section lengthy and difficult, followed by physics which was moderately difficult. The Chemistry section was the easiest of the lot.
Overall, most students found paper 1 to be tougher than paper 2.
Expert’s Take on JEE Advanced 2019
One of the major changes to this year’s JEE Advanced examination was the missing paragraph type questions, suggested an industry expert.
Experts opine that the questions were highly concept based and students who have managed the time well will have an advantage over the others.
Some experts found the mathematics and the physics sections to be lengthy and more calculation based.
Expected JEE Advanced 2019 Cut-Off
Experts expect the cut off for general category students to be around 127 to 142 out of the total 372 marks in JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019- Paper Analysis
- Paper 1 consisted of a total of 56 questions (Total 186 marks)
- In section 1 there were 4 MCQ questions with more than 1 correct option. The total marks in these questions were 12.
- In section 2 there were 4 MCQ questions with more than 1 correct option. The total marks in these questions were 32.
- In section 3 there were 6 numerical questions which were of 18 marks.
- In section 1 there were 8 MCQ questions with partial marking.
- In section 2 there were 6 numerical questions.
- Section 3 had 4 list match type questions.
The result of JEE Advanced 2019 will be declared on 14th of June. The candidates who will qualify in the exam will be eligible for the counselling process by JoSAA and seat allocation.