JEE Main 2020 is almost upon us, with the April session scheduled to be conducted from 1st to 6th September 2020. As the days are passing by, there are undoubtedly a lot of questions and doubts in the minds of the aspirants who will be appearing for the exam.
Amid the outbreak of COVID-19, a lot has changed, and the exam authorities are trying their best to maintain safety and smooth conduct of the exam.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Guidelines
Additional guidelines have been included in the guidelines set by NTA (National Testing Agency), the conducting authority of JEE Main 2020 as well. Aspirants must adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities to make sure they don’t face any last-minute trouble before the exam.
Following are the important exam day guidelines for JEE Main 2020:
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the exam. It is advised because a lot of precautions will be taken by the exam conducting authorities in security checks and sanitization.
- Vineet Joshi, NTA Director, has declared that different slots will be allotted to the candidates for arriving at the exam centre. The allotted slots should be followed by the candidates to make their entry process a swift and smoother one.
- JEE Main 2020 admit card, along with identity proof, will be required to be shown by the candidates during their entry. No other items are allowed inside the exam centre, including bags.
- Candidates should maintain proper social distancing and they should immediately take their designated seats after entering the exam hall.
- For JEE Main 2020 Paper 2, geometry box, colour pencils and crayons will be allowed. Watercolour is not permissible to be brought to the exam hall.
- A rough paper along with pen/pencil will be provided to the candidates only for rough work. Candidates are supposed to return the paper to the invigilators after the exam. Candidates must also write their names and roll numbers on the top of the rough paper.
- Candidates must make sure that their signatures and photos are correctly attached, during the attendance process.
- Diabetic candidates will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar table, fruits and transparent water bottles.
Following are JEE Main 2020 exam guidelines for parents/guardians
Parents of the candidates will also be required to follow specific guidelines, that will be announced by NTA soon. Here are some possibilities:
- Parents are requested not to come to the exam centre with their wards unless it’s entirely necessary.
- In case if they come to drop the candidates, they are requested to leave the premises immediately.
- Parents of the candidates should do no kind of overcrowding.
Official guidelines for parents are expected to be released by NTA soon, and we’ll keep you updated. Meanwhile, it’s crucial to make the most of the left time before the exam.
30-day roadmap to JEE Main 2020 → READ MORE
Candidates must make sure that they are exam-ready before the exam and practice as much as possible. Concept clarity is foremost to crack an exam like JEE. For that, all you need is the right platform to practice wherein you can attempt mock tests, concept tests and attempt previous year papers.
All of that is available on myPAT’s JEE Main 2020 Premium course, that is made by experts to make sure you cover all your bases and are ready for the D-day. All the best!