The result of JEE Main is declared within a month after the exam dates. Candidates who appear for the exam can check their results in online mode from the official website of NTA.
How to check JEE Main result
Candidates can check their results by following the below-given steps:
- Visit the JEE Main official website.
- Click on JEE Main January/April 2020 NTA Score.
- Enter candidate’s application number, date of birth and security pin.
- Upon clicking on submit, the screen would display – each section’s scores along with the overall NTA score for January/April JEE Main.
- Download your result and save a copy for future reference.
Calculating JEE Main 2020 Score
Here is how JEE Main score has been calculated:
- The scores given are based on a scale of 100 to 0 for every session (January & April) of the exam. The topper of each session has been given a percentile score of 100 and based on it and the relative performance of candidates, the percentile scores have been allotted.
- The highest score in each session of the exam has been normalized with a percentile score of 100.
- In case of a tie, the scores have been settled in the following chronological order:
- Candidates with the highest percentile score in mathematics.
- Followed by candidates with the highest percentile score in Physics.
- Followed by candidates with the highest percentile score in Chemistry.
- If the scores are still tied, then finally the age of the candidates has been considered while allotting a rank. In this case, older candidates have been given preference.
- In case the tie persists then the candidates have been given the same rank.
- The scores of each session have been merged (January & April) to compile the overall score.
- The better percentile score out of the two attempts will be considered as the final result.
Following are JEE 2019 topper interviews for your reference to know their preparation strategy and study schedule:
|Topper Name||Rank||Interview Link|
|Himanshu Gaurav Singh||AIR 2||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDPIE_187rY|
|Gurnoor Singh||AIR 22||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9FacJGFj5E&t=382s|
|Abhinav Gupta||AIR 49||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDUaLoQrc4&t=68s|
|Ishaan Singh||AIR 59||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1m7qx-ACA0&t=9s|
|Sarthak Singla||AIR 72||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyACNuYvP8o&t=267s|
|Tulip Pandey||AIR 79||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n5zXNxlWMQ|
|Shubh Agarwal||AIR 95||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHGTUljqmo|