As the board exams have ended, the second set of competition is all set to commence with the JEE Main exam to be held on being conducted tomorrow. With furious competition, the JEE main does not give even a minor scope for error. As it is few hours to the D-day, we share a few tips for students to follow on the day.
Maintain a list of the required stuff. On the day, it is very important to not commit any error as it leads to nervousness in the exam and vice versa. As the exam is complex and tricky, it requires a very composed and meticulous approach. In order to perform your best, you need to avoid any kind of stress and tension in the time before the exam commences.
What to carry?
- JEE Main Admit card
- Stationary: Make sure to carry a pen/pencil that has been allowed for filling the OMR sheet.
- Photo ID Proof: Make sure to carry a photo ID proof like school ID card
What not to carry?
- Mobile Phones
- Smart watches and electronic gadgets
- Unnecessary papers
What to do a day before?
- Have a proper sleep i.e. 7+ hours
- Don’t tire or stress yourself physically or mentally
- Solve few easier questions to gain confidence
- Plan to leave so as to reach the centre 1.5 hour before the reporting time
How to strategise during exam?
- Do not get stuck on tougher questions if it is taking longer
- Solve the easier questions first to secure marks
- If you feel you are scoring much above cut-off, don’t take risks by guessing answers
- Keep elimination method handy. It can help you identify ‘what is the wrong answer’ and finally reach the correct answer
Last, but not the least, maintain a focused attitude during the exam. Make sure to not lose any marks.
Keep following the myPAT blog for more insights and tips.