Engineering and Medical, being the toughest streams with cut-throat competitive examinations require thorough preparation. Although a lot of books are available in the market to prepare for exams like JEE and BITSAT, there is no standard book or preparation material prescribing the recipe for exam success. Study material for any competitive exam helps build conceptual knowledge, but candidates should practice mock tests and previous year question papers to get a detailed understanding about the exam pattern.
One question that hits every student’s mind during the preparation process is which study material should be chosen. Searching for the best BITSAT books is no less of a challenge, considering you do not have a lot of time with you.
Below is a list of recommended books for BITSAT Entrance Exam detailed subject-wise to help optimize preparation for BITSAT.
General Books for BITSAT
You can consider the following for well-rounded preparation in all the subjects:
A Complete Success Package for BITSAT by Arihant (with CD)
Being one of the most popular all-in-one books for BITSAT today, it is divided into the following sections: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. This exhaustively covers the NCERT Syllabus for Grade 11 and 12 – designed for the actual exam and helping with self-assessment.
Comprehensive Guide (BITSAT 2015) with Mock Test CD by Disha Experts
This book has been designed to help crack BITSAT for students by looking at the content of previous year papers. It covers the syllabus of all subjects – Physics, Maths, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Reasoning.
Other Reference books:
- Pearson Complete Guide to BITSAT
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test (Past Papers from 2005-16 Solved and 5 online mock tests)
Physics Books for BITSAT
Physics section is tough to crack in BITSAT. Candidates should know the derivation and practical application of a formula or an equation, to address questions in this section. Some of the important topics that are asked are:
- Wave Motion
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electric Current
The recommended study material for this section is as follows:
- NCERT Physics Textbook for Class 11 and 12
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma : Meant for both reference and preparation for competitive exams, it comes with chapters that are carefully formatted with topic explanations and practice problems to help learners.
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
This consists of 5 parts:
- Understanding Physics Series by D.C. Pandey
- Understanding Physics: Mechanics (Part 1)
- Understanding Physics: Electricity and Magnetism
- Understanding Physics: Wave and Thermodynamics
- Understanding Physics: Optics and Modern Physics
Chemistry Books for BITSAT
To do well in this section, candidates should be well-versed with fundamental concepts from NCERT. Being more theoretical and less application based, this section is easy to score. Organic and Physical Chemistry usually contain direct questions while Inorganic Chemistry is application-based.
Reactions, Anomalies and Properties should be studied effectively, to maximize scores in this section.
Some of the recommended books are:
- NCERT Chemistry Textbook for Grade 11 and 12 : Divided into 9 topics, it covers some of these concepts – solutions, electrochemistry, surface chemistry, general principles and processes of isolation of elements and coordination compounds.
- Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur : This provides extensive coverage on all 3 sections of Chemistry – with relevant practical exercises and model test papers.
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant Publications : The book is divided into subject’s concepts through day-wise learning modules and content that’s’ clearly explained. It contains an exhaustive list of objective questions focused on the pattern of most competitive exams.
- Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon : This includes basic concepts like periodic table groupings and a list of other well-explained topics. The book also has an extensive list of practice questions.
|Checkout Preparation Resources|
Mathematics Books for BITSAT
Mathematics is one of the crucial sections in BITSAT, having the maximum weightage. In this section, easy questions should be addressed first. Some of the important topics are as follows:
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
Some of the recommended books for this section are:
- NCERT Maths for Grade 11 and 12 : This book covers all the concepts that are taught in Grade 12 and is one ideal book to start preparation with. The books cover a variety of topics – trigonometry, matrices, algebra etc.
- Objective Mathematics by R.D.Sharma : Being one of the best books for beginners in Mathematics, it covers the following concepts – permutations, combinations, algebra, probability and determinants.
English and Logical Reasoning Books
English and Logical Reasoning is taken complacently by a lot of students. But these areas, if prepared well, can help boost scores. Language skills can be acquired only by regular study over time. At least 45 mins every day must be spent to practice for English and Logical Reasoning. If this section is prepared right, it could become a game-changer and enable students to score high in BITSAT.
Some of the important books that can be referred to are:
- Pearson Complete Guide to BITSAT by One Learn Education : All concepts that a student needs to study to build good vocabulary and grammar are covered in this section. Concepts like analogy, classification, logical deduction and rule detection.
- Wren and Martin English
- BITSAT Logical Reasoning by Disha Experts : This book covers multiple concepts – figure formation, completion of figures, paper cutting, rule detection etc.
|Check Your Preparation Level: BITSAT Preparation Tracker Tool|
Apart from referring to the books for BITSAT preparation suggested above, candidates should make it a point to practice mock tests in an online mode to build on their speed and accuracy, as recommended by previous year BITSAT toppers. Prepare smart and do well!