CBSE has declared the results for JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 on 30th of April and as many as 2.3 lakh students have qualified paper 1 who can now appear for JEE Advanced 2018. JEE Advanced is the gateway for candidates to enroll themselves in IIT’s and its various programmes.
The registration for JEE Advanced 2018 has begun on 2nd May. The last date to apply for the same was 7th May (5 pm IST) but now extended to 8th of May 10:00 am. This year’s exam will be conducted by IIT Kanpur on 20th May 2018.
JEE Advanced is now completely online and will consist of Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is slated to held from 9 am to 12 pm and Paper 2 from 2 pm to 5 pm.
To be eligible for JEE Advanced, a candidate must have cleared JEE Main 2018 paper 1 and should not have appeared in JEE (A) in 2016 or before that. A minimum of 75% marks is required by the candidate in 12th standard to be eligible for the exam.
For the Registration process follow the steps below:
- Visit the JEE Advanced 2018
- Click on the Registration link here and accept the terms and conditions to continue.
- Keep your JEE Main roll number and password handy to Login.
- Enter all the necessary details like Language of choosing, Exam Center and a number of attempts, besides personal details.
- Upload soft copies of documents required.
- Fees to be paid: General Category- Rs. 2600, SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates- Rs.1300.
The steps mentioned above are applicable to Foreign nationals as well who aspire to appear in the exam.
Candidates need to be very careful while furnishing their details, as changes cannot be made once the form is submitted.