Are you anxious about the JEE Main 2019 cut off? Not sure if you are going to make the cut or not? Well, fret not, as we spill the beans and bring you expert views.
JEE Main 2019 is now over and it brings about a sense of anxiety among the candidates in regard to the results and the cut-offs.
JEE Exam Review
The National Testing Agency (NTA), in a first conducted the JEE Main 2019, only in the online mode. This year, the JEE Main exam will be conducted again in April 2019 by the NTA.
From the feedback that we have got from the students and the experts, the general consensus is that:
- Mathematics: Most students found this segment to be moderate to difficult.
- Physics: Though most students found this segment to be moderate, the numerical problems consumed a lot of time.
- Chemistry: This was the easiest segment when compared to the other subjects in this year’s exam but was lengthy.
In this year’s JEE Main, there were few questions from the previous years as well.
Everything About the Cut-off
Experts feel that the difficulty level of the paper is constant when compared to that of the earlier years. By analyzing this year’s question paper and the difficulty level, most experts opine that the cut off may be around:
- 90 for general category students
- 45 to 70 depending on the reserved category that a student belongs
Experts from top engineering institute feel that this year’s JEE Main paper was well thought out and required good judgment and understanding of the concepts on the part of the aspirants.
What Rank to Expect?
According to the experts, candidates can expect a rank of 30000 with a score of 130 and a rank of 20000 with a score of 150.
The cut-off for JEE Advanced 2019 will be announced post the JEE Main exam in April, after calculating the overall percentile score.