NTA has announced the registration and exam dates for JEE Main 2021. JEE Main 2021 will be held from 23rd to 26th February 2021. The application form has been released on 16th December 2020.
As per the Union Education Minister’s announcement, JEE Main 2021 will be held in four sessions, i.e., in February, March, April, and May 2021. The sessions after the February session are 15th to 18th March, 27th to 30th April, and 24th to 28th May 2021. The exam will be held in two shifts, morning session from 9 AM to 12 PM, afternoon shift from 3 PM to 6 PM.
Aspirants can register for the exam from the official website of JEE Main 2021. The last date to fill the online form is 21st January 2021.
What’s new in JEE Main 2021?
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects have now been divided into two sections – Section A & B. All three subjects will now have 30 questions each. Section A will have 20 MCQs, and Section B will have 10 Numerical value-based questions.
- Candidates need to attempt any five questions out of 10 questions in section B for all subjects.
- The total number of questions has been increased from 25 to 30 for each subject. However, the total questions to be attempted remains the same, i.e., 25.
- There will be no negative marking in the 15 alternative questions in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- JEE Main 2021 will now be conducted in 13 languages, a significant change compared to the previous years. The languages include English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Assamese, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Odia, and Malayalam.
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
Following are all the important dates for JEE Main 2021:
|Application Form Release||16th December 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||21st January 2021|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||24th January 2021 (up to 11.50 PM)|
|Application Form Correction Window||19th to 21st January 2021|
|Admit Card Release||February 2021|
|Exam Date (Session 1)||23rd to 26th February 2021|
|Result Declaration (Session 1)||March 2021|
|Exam Date (Session 2)||15th to 18th March 2021|
|Exam Date (Session 3)||27th to 30th April 2021|
|Exam Date (Session 4)||24th to 28th May 2021|
|Result Declaration (Session 2, 3 and 4)||To be announced|
How to prepare for JEE Main 2021?
The best way to prepare for JEE Main 2021 is by taking online mock tests and attempting previous years’ papers. Your best bet to prepare efficiently for the exam is by taking the JEE Main 2021 Premium course, which is tailor-made to help you crack the exam.