The MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development), on 7th July 2018, announced that 2019 onwards, the NTA (National Testing Agency) will be conducting the JEE Main and NEET examinations. It also released notifications confirming that the JEE Main will be conducted online twice a year, i.e. January and April.
With these changes, here are 9 things about the JEE Main 2019 that you need to make a note of:
- Starting 2019, the JEE Main will be conducted twice a year – once in January and once in April.
- The JEE Main will now be completely online, and no pen and paper tests will be conducted. Previously candidates had an option to choose between the online and the offline mode.
- The tentative dates for the JEE Main 2019 (January) are – January 6th to January 20th. The online applications shall begin on 1st September 2018.
- The results for the JEE Main 2019 (January) will be released in the 1st week of February 2019 (tentatively).
- The tentative dates for the JEE Main 2019 (April) are – April 7th to April 21st. The online applications shall begin from the 2nd week of February 2019.
- The results for the JEE Main 2019 (April) will be released in the 1st week of May 2019 (tentatively).
- Candidates can appear for both the examinations.
- While filling out their applications, the candidates will have an option to select their preferred date to attempt the examination (amongst the given dates).
- The syllabus, eligibility and difficulty level remain the same.
The NTA has taken over from CBSE to conduct the JEE Main. The official websites for the various examinations to be conducted by the NTA, are expected to launch soon.
Follow the myPAT blog for updates on the JEE Main 2019.
It should be noted that the dates mentioned in the above article are subject to changes as per official notifications. Any updates, as and when available, would also be notified. Student are advised to keep a check for any changes.