Silly mistakes can break your chance at claiming a seat in an IIT. As the JEE Main 2019 (January) exam date nears, lots of queries can be found online from JEE aspirants regarding not scoring well in mock tests.
Scoring low in mock tests can dent the confidence of aspirants who are preparing for one of the most coveted engineering entrance exams of the country.
Are your scores in the mock tests not satisfactory? Are you low on confidence? Then you have landed at the right place.
Here are some tips:
- Don’t Panic: There is a bubble created around the Joint Entrance Examination of being one of the toughest. The fear of the exam is where most lose the battle even before it begins. Panic forces you to commit mistakes. You need to have a calm approach while attempting these mock tests. Don’t let fear get to you, after all, it’s just an examination.
- Managing Time: The JEE Main is a time bound examination, so are the mock tests. A lot to do, a lot less time available. This is another factor that can create panic and force you to commit silly mistakes. The only way out of it is getting used to time constraint mock tests as, if you can’t do it now, you won’t be able to do it in the final exam. The more of these mock tests you will attempt, more the chance of mitigating silly mistakes.
- Track the Mistakes: There is one thing committing mistakes and another thing not knowing them. All men make mistakes, but only fools repeat them. Tracking and analyzing your mock test results and analytics is the most important part of your preparation strategy. Make notes or mark all the mistakes that you have committed during the mock tests. These notes will come in handy during your revision sessions.
- Commit Yourself to Rectify the Mistake: Make as many mistakes at home as you will have time to correct it rather than making mistakes in the final exam. Now that you have marked or have made notes of the mistake you usually tend to commit, it’s time to rectify them. Keep the notes you have prepared in your desk while attempting mock tests as a reminder of the mistakes. It is also important for you to make a habit of double checking the calculations.
- Many aspirants commit the mistake of not reading the question well and are in a hurry to reach the conclusion. This is not the right approach, especially when preparing for an exam like JEE. Be quick to rectify your mistakes, but don’t hurry. It’s better to get it right than to suffer the penalties of negative marking.
Silly mistakes are the flagbearer of disaster, even for bright students. A small mistake can cost you your seat in top engineering institutes, which is a huge price to pay.
|Take Free Mock Test Now|
Don’t get disheartened by the low scores in mock tests, as these tests are designed for you to iron out your shortcomings. So, keep practicing till you get it right.
You’ve got this! Best of luck.