Online registrations have begun for the KVPY 2018 exam! The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC) conducts a national level scholarship exam every year for students who wish to pursue a career in the research field. This examination is known as the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY). The KVPY was initiated to encourage, promote and assist enthusiastic students to pursue research based career in basic sciences. The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India started this examination in 1999. Students that qualify this prestigious examination are bestowed with the title of ‘KVPY fellows’ and awarded monthly scholarships & annual grants continuing up to their post-graduation.
KVPY is conducted in two rounds – Aptitude Test and Personal Interview. While the aptitude test checks your knowledge across various subjects, the interview tests your knowledge in science and research.
- Exam Mode: The aptitude test for KVPY is a computer based test (CBT).
- Question Type: Questions are of multiple choice type (MCQs). Each question has equal weightage of marks.
- Exam Duration: Candidates are given 3 hours to complete the paper.
- Language for Question Paper: You may choose to take the exam in English or in Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: The question paper is divided into two parts. In part 1 of the test, candidates are awarded +1 and -¼ for correct and incorrect answers respectively. For part 2, candidates are awarded +2 and -½ for correct and incorrect answers respectively.
Why Should One Attempt Online Mock Tests?
Yes, that is a question that plagues most of the aspirants. There is so much that needs to be done when preparing for exams such as KVPY. Completing the syllabus itself seems like a race against the clock. But, trust us when we say that online mock test series are your best friend when preparing for competitive exams.
Just how your movie going experience is incomplete without a big tub of popcorn, your preparation for KVPY is incomplete without online mock aptitude tests.
- Test your preparation level
As an aspirant, we know the pressure to complete your syllabus on time and have time to revise, is real. So, taking an online mock aptitude test for KVPY helps keep your preparation level in check. Sure, you can use prep trackers too for the same but, taking a mock test will help you judge yourself more accurately.
- Get used to the exam environment and pattern
Taking online mock aptitude tests for KVPY will help candidates get used to online test screens and the question paper pattern. Not just that, it will help them to build their speed and accuracy too. This will increase their chances of clearing the examination.
- Best revision strategy
It is well known that exams such as KVPY don’t just test the knowledge of a student but they also test practical implications of the concepts. Considering the vast syllabus, revising the said concepts cannot be limited to highlighting, and reading through notes & flashcards. Taking mock tests are scientifically proven to be one of the most effective revision strategies.
- Building memory and aiding retention
It is a proven fact that students who attempt mock tests perform well in exams as compared to those who skip mock tests. Look at it this way – the more mock tests that you take, the better will be your understanding of the concepts and you will be able to retain more information. Knowledge acquired through practice has more impact and gets imprinted in memory.
- Practice makes a man/woman perfect
We’ve heard it from our parents and teachers alike – practice till you get it right. Be it for something as simple as riding your bicycle without the training wheels or for that extremely complex physics numerical – practicing endlessly helps. Practicing with mock tests not just helps you with getting used to the exam pattern, environment etc., it also gives your confidence a much-needed boost.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
To truly stay ahead of the competition, it is imperative that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are – that is where online mock tests come into picture. If you know where exactly you are falling behind, you will be able to focus on your efforts to turn into your strengths.
For Mock KVPY Online Aptitude Tests – Click Here
Compare yourself with aspirants across the country and give yourself an added advantage. myPAT’s tests are conducted on the same exam screen, same marking scheme and the same difficulty level of questions.
The KVPY online aptitude test 2018 will be held in the following cities:
- Bihar – Patna
- Jharkhand – Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
- Orissa – Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela
- Arunachal Pradesh – Naharlagun
- Assam – Guwahati, Tezpur
- Meghalaya – Shillong
- Tripura – Agartala
- West Bengal – Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri
- Delhi NCR – Delhi
- Haryana – Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Karnal, Kurukshetra
- Jammu and Kashmir – Jammu
- Punjab – Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala
- Rajasthan – Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar
- Uttar Pradesh – Agra, Allahbad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi
- Uttarakhand – Dehradun
- Andhra Pradesh – Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam
- Karnataka – Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Haliyal, Hassan, Hubbali, Kalburagi, mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udupi
- Telangana – Hyderabad
- Kerala – Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur
- Puducherry – Puducherry
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem
- Goa – Panaji
- Gujrat – Ahmedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Vadodara
- Maharashtra – Amaravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane
- Chattisgarh – Bilaspur, Raipur
- Madhya Pradesh – Bhopal, Indore
So, go ahead and get started on the mock online aptitude test for KVPY 2018.