The Human resource development minister, Prakash Javadekar finally gave a break to all the NTA and JEE Main speculations on 7 July by making the important announcement in a press conference.
NTA will conduct JEE Main 2019 twice (January and April) and in Online Mode Only
NTA has also got its official website setup at: nta.ac.in
After which, there started another round of queries and deliberations on what major changes are expected for 2019 IIT JEE aspirants.
What is National Testing Agency (NTA)?
With the new organisation(NTA) being in place for JEE Main, everyone is curious for knowing more about NTA.
National Testing Agency is registered as an autonomous self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. NTA is supposed to take over all the entrance exams conducted by CBSE including JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, GPAT and CMAT. From 2019, NTA will conduct all these 5 exams and will gradually conduct other CBSE exams as well.
Changes to Expect in JEE Main 2019?
Mr Prakash Javadekar has made the announcements mentioning the following points:
- JEE Main 2019 will be held twice a year (January and April) and completely online.
- The examination will be conducted in 8 sittings. Candidates have to select any one date, out of the 8 available dates
- A candidate may choose to appear in any one exam in a year or both the exams in a year.
- The best marks out of both the exams will be used while considering admissions.
- The announcement of the exam centres will be made as early as possible.
- Candidates will be able to take the practice tests by visiting the centres from August-end or September start.
- There will be no change in the syllabus, exam pattern, language of the question papers and examination fees.
The most common query raised by the droppers was if they were eligible to take both the exams and would it be considered as a single attempt or 2 consecutive attempts?
So, after listening closely to the statement of Prakash Javadekar where he says that the best score will be taken into account and students can appear in either of the two or both, it can be said that it will be considered a single attempt only. The main intent behind the choice of taking the exams twice a year is that students will not lose one year and will get another opportunity to prove themselves and hence score better.
Brace yourselves up for the online mode of JEE Main 2019 and don’t miss your chance at taking both the attempts. Because it won’t harm you in any way rather will prepare you better by getting familiar to the exam mode.