Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level scholarship program conducted annually to encourage, promote and assist enthusiastic students to pursue research based career in basic sciences. The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India conducts this examination and has been doing so since 1999. Students that qualify this prestigious examination are bestowed with the title of ‘KVPY fellows’ and awarded monthly scholarships and annual grants continuing up to their post-graduation.
To ensure that all students get ample opportunities to apply and compete for the coveted title of a KVPY fellow, the KVPY examination is conducted separately for different levels (class 11, 12 and B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Maths./Int. M.Sc./M.S First Year).
Sure, the written exam and the interviews are super hard but we’ve got you sorted. Here are 7 awesome preparation tips for KVPY.
But before you start preparing for the KVPY exam, add these dates to your calendar so that you don’t miss out on this amazingly prestigious fellowship.
|Online Applications begin||2nd Week of July 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Applications||2nd Week of August 2018|
|Admit Cards||2nd Week of October 2018|
|Exam Date||5th November 2018|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||4th Week of November 2018|
|Submitting Objections Against Answer Key||Last Week of November 2018|
|Announcement of Results||3rd Week of December 2018|
|Interviews||3rd Week of January 2019|
|Declaration of Final Results||April 2019|
Now that you’re sorted with making a note of all the important dates for KVPY – the next step is registering and applying for the KVPY fellowship.
Chill bruh! We’ve got your back, all the information you’ll ever need is right here.
Okay, so couple of things you need to remember are
- Once the portal opens you can submit your applications online.
- Applications for the KVPY fellowship can only be made online.
- However, there are a couple of payment options for the application fee. To make a payment online you can either choose to pay with a debit/credit card or net banking. You can also pay offline by a using a challan.
- When filling out the application form, be careful when inputting your personal and academic details – double check to make sure you’ve got them right.
- Adhere to the file size limits when uploading your picture and signature.
- But, before you do go about filling the form, make sure that you’ve read all the instructions.
- And lastly, always keep a copy of the form that you have submit and also of the payment receipt. Make this a habit for all the forms that you will fill out in the future too. This helps you in the case that there’s any incorrect information on your admit card.
To all the Kishore vaigyaniks – the chance to shine bright like a diamond is here. Apply here for the KVPY fellowship!