The KVPY 2018 interview will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore from 25th of January till 28th of February 2019. The candidates who have qualified in the KVPY aptitude test will be eligible for the interview.
The interview is the last step that the qualified candidates have to take to be eligible for the scholarship and to be a KVPY fellow.
About KVPY Interview
The candidates who have qualified in the aptitude test conducted in 4th of November 2018, will be sent an invitation to attend the interview. The invitation letter will carry the time of the interview and the venue details.
Candidates are expected to carry some documents to the venue, devoid of which they won’t be allowed to appear for the interview.
Here is the list of documents that is expected of the candidates to carry:
- The invitation letter sent by IISc and the application form.
- The Admit Card provided to the candidates during the Aptitude Test.
- The Orginal Marksheets of class 10 (for candidates of SA/SX stream) and class 12 (for candidates of SB stream).
- Caste certificates for candidates who have applied under the SC/ST category.
- For candidates who have applied under the PWD category will be required to carry a medical certificate.
- Besides a ‘self-appraisal form’, candidates will have to carry study certificate forms (recommendation letters) from their respective institute’s Principal/Head and one from a teacher of their institute in a sealed envelope.
Preparing for the KVPY Interview
One should expect the interview to begin with generic questions about hobbies and subject interests.
It is hard to predict the kind of questions that are likely to be asked in KVPY interviews. The best way to prepare for it is to increase general scientific knowledge – it is important to view online lectures and videos, attend science fairs and camps. One should read previous qualifiers’ interview, experiences and blogs.
One should also expect the interviewers to analyse and evaluate the candidate’s presence of mind and the ability to calculate basic math problems.
This is as close as one can get during the interview preparation phase.
On the day of the interview
- Be confident in answering the questions.
- One should listen to the questions carefully before answering.
- Maintaining eye contact with the panel of the interviewers.
- Foremostly, never argue with the interviewers.
Best of luck!