The KVPY result was declared on December 22, 2017. The result was released separately for SA and SB/SX stream as per the paper that has been held in 2 sessions. Candidates qualifying the aptitude test of KVPY would be called for an interview to qualify the fellowship programme.
A few points to be kept in mind about the declaration of KVPY Result are as follows:
- The KVPY result for the aptitude round would be available through student login but for KVPY final result, a category-wise merit list shall be released.
- Only candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria would be considered eligible for the fellowship programme.
- The final result for KVPY Examination would be available in the PDF Format with details such as roll number, seat number, name and the rank of candidates qualifying for the examination.
- The final merit list would be considering marks scored in both the examination (75%) and the interview (25%), making up the final score.
Once a candidate clears the KVPY examination with the required cut off, he/she shall become eligible to give the interview. Call letters would be made available to the candidate through their login. The following tips should be kept in mind before attending the interview:
Revise your concepts well: Since a candidate would have already studied for the written test, he would only be required to revise the basics from NCERT for a precise understanding. During the interview, the candidate should answer in a way that indicates his clear understanding and application of a concept.
Presentation: Written exams only requires a candidate to solve the questions and mark the right answer. In the interview, a candidate would be required to explain concepts aloud and exhibit their understanding of the same.
Be Clear: The candidate should be clear about the answers he gives. Beating around the bush for any question will further confuse him and give an impression that he is bluffing. If he is not familiar with an answer, it is better to say that right away.
Research: The candidate should clearly answer the areas of research that he would be interested in with reasons specifying the same. The interviewing panel might also pose subsequent questions based on research, which the candidate must answer in a justifying way.
The following documents must be carried by a candidate for the interview:
- Application Form
- Admit Card for the Aptitude Test
- Original Marksheet
- SC/ST Caste Certificate
- Medical Certificate for physically challenged candidates
- Study Certificate
- Self-Appraisal Form
- Teacher Recommendation
KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national fellowship programme that is administered by the Indian Institute of Science. This is given to promote interests of students for doing courses on basic sciences and research.