In the latest turn of events, The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the final answer key of the January JEE Main 2019 examination. Candidates who have attempted the exam can now check the final answer key in the official JEE Main website.
The provisional answer key was released earlier this month and the candidates were given a chance to challenge it as well. Post the last date to challenge the answer key, the results were declared based on the final answer key.
Step to Download JEE Main Final Answer Key
- Candidates need to visit the official website of JEE Main, which is https://jeemain.nic.in.
- In extreme left notification bar, the candidates will see the option ‘Final Answer Key used for scoring paper 1’.
- By clicking on the option mentioned above, the candidates will be able to view the shift wise answer key in a PDF format.
- One can download the answer key and use it for future reference.
Candidates won’t be requiring their application number and password to view the final JEE Main 2019 answer key.
To directly access the answer key, click here: JEE Main 2019 Final Anwer Key
Calculating the JEE Main 2019 Rank
Over 9 lakh students attempted this year’s January JEE Main exam and 15 students have scored a 100 percentile.
Here is how the scores are calculated:
By matching the options attempted in the in JEE Main 2019 exam with the final answer key, candidates will be able to calculate their scores. For every correct answer, a score of +4 marks will be allotted and for every wrong answer, a negative 1 mark will be deducted. If a candidate has not selected any option, then no marks will be allotted.
Here are how ranks are allotted:
Many students are confused about how the rank is allotted based on the raw scores.
- The scores are based on a scale of 100 to 0 for every session of the exam. The topper of each session will have a percentile score of 100 and based on it and the relative performance of candidates, the percentile scores will be allotted.
- The highest score in each session of the exam will be normalized with a percentile score of 100.