As per the latest notification, BITS Pilani has postponed the BITSAT 2021 as of now due to the pandemic situation. The exam was scheduled to be held from 24th to 29th June 2021. Now, It will be conducted in July or August tentatively.
The new dates for the exam haven’t been announced. The last date to apply for BITSAT has been extended to 30th June, till 5 PM.
The official notice read: “Considering the current pandemic situation, the deadline for submission of Online applications for BITSAT-2021 is extended to 5:00 PM on June 30, 2021. BITSAT-2021 online tests (earlier scheduled during June 24-29, 2021) stand postponed. BITSAT-2021 tests are likely to be conducted during July-August 2021. The exact schedule will be announced through the website sometime during June 2021″.
BITSAT is conducted for admission to integrated first-degree programmes at BITS, Pilani, and its campuses at Goa and Hyderabad.
With the exam being postponed, students will have more time to prepare better. Following are some of the tips that they can follow as they continue their preparations:
- Prefer NCERT books for preparation. Study it in and out. Make sure your fundamentals are clear.
- Practice solving numerical problems in less time as speed is very important in BITSAT.
- The most important topics in the exam are Mechanics and Thermodynamics. So, make sure you study them thoroughly and clear your basics about these topics.
- As we have said before, the NCERT book is extremely important for BITSAT chemistry. Don’t leave out any topic in NCERT because many times questions are asked from those small sections that students often tend to overlook.
- The chemistry section is highly theoretical. Also, it is considered easier than Math and Physics. Study these theory parts and revise well.
- Study Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, and Complex Number very diligently. These are some of the topics and chapters which hold the most importance.
- Students sometimes forget formulas in Trigonometry and Cartesian Geometry. So makes notes of the different formulas and revise them from time to time. Their formulas may come in handy even in direct formula application questions.
Apart from the above, one can always boost their performance by taking the BITSAT mock test that helps you get exam-ready. Since you have more time in your hand, devote yourself to studies and give your best in the exam. All the best!