Every year in India, over 1.2 million students appear for various engineering entrance exams. With limited availability of seats in the best institutes (IITs and NITs), students are often unable to find a branch of their choice in their dream college. Before you stress out or lament the fact, we bring to you an exclusive list of other brilliant institutes which offer engineering undergraduate courses to students. Additionally, these colleges rank well, and aren’t too far behind the IITs!
- Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS)
- BITS Pilani is the best private engineering institute in India and rank higher than a few IITs.
- It has three campuses – Pilani (Rajasthan), Hyderabad and Goa.
- The college conducts its own engineering entrance exam known as the BITSAT for admissions.
Preparing for BITSAT? Check your online exam readiness by taking myPAT’s BITSAT mock tests in real test environment. Benchmark your performance with 185,000+ aspirants to know where you stand. Take a free test here.
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- Also known as the Delhi College of Engineering, DTU is Delhi’s first engineering college.
- It is managed by the government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The college takes admissions on the basis of JEE Main score.
- DTU offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD courses to students across various fields.
- BIT Mesra
- Locate in the beautiful city of Ranchi (Jharkhand), BIT Mesra is a deemed university offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- It is one of the most prominent engineering institutes and takes admission through the JEE Main score.
- IIIT Hyderabad
- If research in information technology is your forte and interest, IIIT Hyderabad is the place to be. The institute runs Computer Science courses and research projects.
- It offers several courses – undergraduate, postgraduate, dual degree, part-time, lateral entry, and PhD.
- For engineering, the college accepts admissions through JEE Main score.
- R.V. College of Engineering
- Located in the IT hub, Bangalore, Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (or simply, RV College), is a private college and the best engineering institute in the city.
- You can get admitted to it on the basis of your COMED-K score.
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Formerly known as the Delhi Institute of Technology, the college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses to students across various fields.
- It is located in Dwarka, Delhi,
- The college accepts admissions through your score in JEE Main.
- Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)
- MIT is a private engineering college located in the university town of Manipal in Karnataka.
- Admissions to the undergraduate courses are accepted through their private exam known as the Manipal Entrance Test.
Keep an eye out for all the alternatives that are available. IITs and NITs are not end of the world. Ten years down the line, only your talent will matter, not your college. You can achieve great heights studying in a very ordinary college, given that you are hard-working and aim for self improvement. Hence, make the right choice. Don’t compromise on your interest (branch) for the sake of getting into an IIT. Find perfect balance between your interest and college.