The exam season is knocking our doors! Competitive exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, KVPY, NTSE, etc. are around the corner and the preparations are in full swing.
It’s now unknown how the outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted the overall preparation of students preparing for competitive exams. But everyone is bound and needs to adhere to the announcements done by the respective exam authorities.
Amidst keeping themselves safe from Coronavirus, students must also take care of their overall health which is foremost when preparing for tough exams. Preparing for these exams requires a healthy body and mind, which is only possible by following some effective health tips.
Let’s check out five such useful health tips for students that would assure them of a great performance in the real exams:
- Sleep well: It’s utmost important to have at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night to carry out the daily activities the other day. For students, their daily activities include studying well, and to study well; they must sleep well. They shouldn’t sacrifice their sleep in the name of studying for long hours at night. It not only disturbs their sleep cycle but also deteriorates the overall health. Sleep well to study well, that’s the formula!
- Healthy eating: Craving for junk food and street food is something quite hard to resist. But it would help if you remembered that excessive consumption of fast and processed would only lead to bad results on your health. It’s crucial to keep a check on what you’re eating and making sure that you’re eating nutritious food a lot that is a must for developing your mental and physical well-being.
- Don’t forget the breaks: At times, you keep studying for long stretches and forget even to take small breaks. This habit has adverse effects on your health. It would help if you always remembered to take a break in every hour or so while you’re studying for your exams. Head to the kitchen for a glass of water or peek out for a view from your balcony. It will help you feel relaxed and make you feel more energetic.
- Physical exercise: Exercising is the most effective way to stay in shape and maintain your physical health. When you’re physically well, you tend to stay mentally fit. There’s no need to join a gym or any health classes; you can always take some time out of your busy schedule to exercise. You can do it either at your home or your nearby park. Simple stretching also helps a lot and relaxes your mind.
- Don’t rely on over-stimulation: If you always consume tea, coffee, or any other energy drink after waking up, try to avoid it. Instead, consume apples to boost your energy in the morning. Besides, avoid studying in your bed and prefer to study on a proper study table that is a bit far from your bed as studying near or on your bed makes your mind lazy.
In a wrap-up, health should be your highest priority, apart from studying for exams. Health deterioration can lead to disastrous results and dent your preparation. Be sure to maintain your health and follow the tips mentioned above for a great performance in the exams.