JEE Advanced is one of the toughest national level examination held all over the country. Candidates who score high in the JEE Main and meet the desired cut off levels, only become eligible to write the JEE Advanced examination.
The JEE Advanced application procedure usually commences in the last week of April and goes on until the initial week of May 2019. Prior to applying for the JEE Advanced, candidates should go through the eligibility conditions, described below:
- Candidates scoring among the top 2.24 lakh ranks in JEE Main 2019 are only eligible to apply.
- A minimum of 75% marks should have been scored in the respective boards to be eligible for admissions in IITs, IIITs and NITs.
- Interested candidates can apply for JEE Advanced a maximum of 2 times in consecutive years.
Usually, an information brochure would be released by the official authorities before releasing the JEE Advanced application form. Registration for JEE Advanced can be done only in online mode.
To apply online for JEE Advanced, candidates would be expected to fulfil the below-mentioned steps:
- Candidates would be required to click on the registration link and login using their JEE Main Roll number and password.
- After logging in, the candidate would be required to mention his personal details, choice of examination centre, medium of the question paper and the number of attempts.
- The scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents should be uploaded by the candidate.
- Payment of the JEE Advanced application fees would be required to be done to apply for JEE Advanced successfully. The application fees can be paid using a credit/debit card or through Net banking.
The JEE Advanced Registration fees details:
|Category||Female Candidates (All Categories)||SC/ST/PwD||All Others|
|Fee||INR 1300 + taxes||INR 1300 + Taxes||INR 2600 + Taxes|
|Registration fees for Exam Centres in Foreign Countries|
|Category||SAARC Countries||Non-SAARC Countries|
|All Candidates||USD 160 + Taxes||USD 300 + Taxes|
The documents that are required to be appended with the JEE Advanced application form are as follows:
- Class 10 Certificate
- Class 12 or equivalent certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD Certificate (only if applicable)
- PIO/OCI Certificate
The documents to be uploaded should be as per the below-mentioned specifications:
|Photo||4 to 10 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||1 to 30 KB|
|Documents||100 to300 KB|
Candidates should take extreme care in filling the JEE Advanced application form and run a thorough check on the details that have been filled, before proceeding to submit the same online. Once the application form has been submitted after payment of registration fees, a printout of the confirmation page is required to be maintained by the candidate.
If the candidate has successfully applied for JEE Advanced 2019, he would be able to download the admit card, which would be released in the second week of May 2019 and take the exam to be scheduled tentatively in the third week of May 2019.