The D-Day is here! The first session of the JEE Main 2019 begins tomorrow- 8th of January 2019.
In a first, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the JEE Main only in the online mode twice a year henceforth. The examination will begin tomorrow and will be conducted in multiple sessions till 12th of January 2019.
The Admit Card is now available online, so aspirants should make sure they download it before the exam. Download the Admit Card here: JEE Main Admit Card.
Ahead of the exam, the NTA has released advisories for the candidates to follow. Here are the important advisories that a candidate shouldn’t miss:
- Important information on the admit card that shouldn’t be missed:
- Date of the examination
- Shift and timing of the examination
- Venue of the examination
- Reporting time at the centre
- Gate closing time at the centre
- Candidates should reach the venue of the exam before the reporting time. Candidates who reach the exam centre post the ‘Gate closing time’ will not be allowed to attempt the exam. Since there are several pre-examination formalities, the NTA advises candidates to reach the examination venue before the reporting time.
- It is also advisable for the candidates to visit the examination centre a day before the exam so that they are familiarized with the location and means of reaching the venue on time.
- Eatables like sugar tablets, fruits (like apple/orange/banana) and transparent water bottles will be allowed at the exam centre for diabetic students. However, packaged food like chocolates/sandwich/candy etc. will not be allowed at the venue.
- Candidates should carry at the examination hall:
- A copy of the Admit Card (which is to be downloaded from JEE Main official website). Colored printout of the admit card on A4 size paper size is preferred.
- Candidates should provide one Passport size photograph (Photo should be identical with the one uploaded in the Online Application Form). The photograph will be pasted on the Attendance Sheet at the Centre.
- A valid Photo ID Proof (Original). No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without Identity Verification. The following documents are accepted as an ID: PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card.
- Photocopies, IDs provides in school/colleges/universities, images stored in phones, Aadhar enrolment number without Aadhar number will not be accepted at the examination centre.
- Candidates registered under the PwD category will be required to carry the PwD certificate provided by the Competent Authority. Candidates with special abilities are advised to report early at the examination hall.
- Candidates are NOT allowed to carry the following items by any means:
“Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room”
Candidates will be barred from appearing in the exam if found in possession of any of these items mentioned above. Candidates should also keep in mind that there are no locker facilities available at the exam hall for safekeeping of any additional items.
- Pen/Pencil and blank pages for rough work will be provided at the examination centre. A candidate will have to put his / her roll number and name in the blank pages provided. Once the examination is over candidates will have to return the rough-work pages and the admit card to the invigilator before leaving the examination
- In the attendance sheet, the candidates will have to put their signatures, their left thumb impressions and paste their passport size photographs.
The JEE Main 2019 will be a computer-based test and the NTA suggests that candidates should be well averse with the format if in case they haven’t done it already. JEE Aspirants can now find JEE Main mock tests on myPAT with same NTA test screens. When it comes to JEE Mock tests, think myPAT!
Best of luck!