The information brochure and the online application form of BITSAT 2019 are now out. This year the BITSAT will be held from 16th to 26th May 2019. The examination will be conducted online in 33 centers across India and Dubai.
The entrance exam will be conducted for admissions in integrated engineering degree programmes in Birla Institute of Technology Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses.
BITSAT Application Dates
The online application for BITSAT 2019 is now available online. Application for the exam has commenced from 4th of January and the last date to apply is 20th of March 2019.
The official brochure of the exam has been released on the official website. Here are the important dates for BITSAT 2019:
|Section (Important Dates)||Rectified|
|Online application for BITSAT starts||January 4, 2019|
|Online application for BITSAT ends||March 20, 2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for registration fee payment||March 20, 2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Application form editing dates||March 22 to March 25, 2019|
|Exam centre allotment||March 27, 2019|
|Booking exam slot starts||March 28, 2019|
|Booking exam slot ends||April 8, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card starts||April 12, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card ends||May 13, 2019|
|Online BITSAT date starts||May 16, 2019|
|Online BITSAT date ends||May 26, 2019|
|Applying for admission dates||May 16 to June 18, 2019|
|Admission and waitlist announcements||June 20, 2019|
The Application Process
- Visit the official website: http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx
- Click on “Click Here to apply online”. This will redirect candidates to the instruction page.
- Click on “I have read and understood the instructions. Allow me to Apply Online”. Candidates will be redirected to the first page of the online application form.
- Candidates who are registering for the first time will have to click on the “New Registration” tab.
- Candidates will have to furnish the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Set a password
- Once the details are filled by the candidates, they will have to upload scanned images of passport photograph (4kb to 50kb) and signature (1kb to 30kb) in JPEG/JPG format only.
- Candidates will have to verify their mobile number and email ID to proceed further to the payment gateway to complete the registration process.
- Fees of the exam: Male candidates: Rs. 3,150. Female Candidates: Rs. 2,650. Candidates applying for Dubai Centre: Rs. 5,600.
The pattern of the exam
BITSAT is a 3-hour online exam which will consist of 4 parts:
- Part I: Physics (40 Questions)
- Part II: Chemistry (40 Questions)
- Part III : (a) English Proficiency (15 Questions) and (b) Logical Reasoning (10 Questions)
- Part IV: Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates) (45 Questions)
The questions in BITSAT examination is of multiple choice with 4 options and only one correct answer. Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks, whereas each wrong attempt will bring a penalty of negative 1 mark.
If a candidate can complete the entire 150 questions before the end of the stipulated time of the exam and without skipping any question, then he/she will have an option of attempting 12 bonus questions. The bonus questions will be from Physics (4 questions), Mathematics/Biology (4 questions) and Chemistry (4 questions). Same marking scheme will apply to the bonus questions and if a candidate chooses this option of bonus questions, he/she will not be allowed to revisit the 150 attempted questions to make corrections
Preparing for BITSAT 2019
Just like most engineering entrance examinations, BITSAT is about having concept clarity and prowess of solving numerical problems in a time constraint environment.
For concept learning, besides NCERT, candidates will have to get hold of reference books which is best suited for BITSAT preparations. BITSAT is different form JEE as candidates will have to prepare for English and Logical reasoning sections as well.
When it comes to solving numerical problems sans silly mistake, it’s all about practice. The only way one can get better at it is by solving BITSAT mock tests and previous year’s papers. Analyzing the mock test results is also a key part of the preparation strategy as it helps candidates to filter out their weaknesses.
|Take Free Mock Test Now|
Get ready for BITSAT!