The online registrations for the second JEE Main 2019 in April is set to end soon. The application process will be available for aspirants till 7th of March 2019.
The result of the JEE Main January exam held in January has been declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Since the exam will be conducted twice henceforth, it is now time for the students to turn to the upcoming JEE exam in April.
Though it is not compulsory for students to attempt both the JEE exams.
How to Register for JEE Main 2019 April?
To register for the upcoming JEE Main exam in April, the candidates will have to log in to the official JEE Main website. Here is the link: https://jeemain.nic.in
Steps to register for JEE Main April 2019:
- Once candidates visit the official website they should click on the “Apply for JEE (Main) April 2019″ tab to begin registrations.
- It is of paramount importance on the part of the candidates to carefully fill out the application form.
- Once the application form is submitted, an “Application Number” will be generated. The application number will be required to complete the registration process and to access and receive all future communications from NTA.
- To continue the registration process, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature. The photograph size should be between 10kb to 200kb and the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb. Once uploaded, candidates will not be given a chance to re-upload.
- The next step would be to submit the details furnished and pay the fees. The fee can be paid through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e Challan. One should keep in mind that no offline payment will be accepted.
Exam centers will be allotted to the candidates based on the preferences and choices filled out by them in the application form.
Exam Dates-JEE Main 2019 (April)
|Online Registration- Begins||8th February 2019|
|Availability of Mock Tests||3rd Week of February 2019|
|Online Registration Ends||7th March 2019|
|Exam Date||7th – 20th April 2019 (8 different sittings and the candidate can choose any one)|
|Results||30th April 2019|
JEE Main April 2019 Fees
The JEE Main Paper-1/Paper-2 fee is Rs. 500/- for general category students and for the reserved category the fee is Rs. 250/-.
If a candidate chooses to appear for both the papers, he/she will have to pay a fee of Rs. 900 (for general category) or Rs. 450 (for reserved category).
JEE Main syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main constitutes topics covered in class 11 and 12 of the central boards such as CBSE, ICSE and state boards.
Approximately, 45% of the paper is prepared from class 11th syllabus and 55% from the class 12th syllabus. Here is the detailed syllabus: JEE Main 2019 Syllabus.
It is not new information that henceforth JEE Main exam will be conducted only in computer-based (online) mode. The shift in exam mode requires a shift in the preparation strategy as well. When an exam is online it important to practice online.
Candidates should not only take online mock tests but also practice the previous year papers in a digitized format. This will help candidates to get acquainted with the online format, making their life easier in the examination hall.
Download the myPAT App and avail free digitized previous year papers