On the 14th of April 2019, the National Testing Agency had released the answer key of this year’s JEE Main (April). The answer key of the exam held from 7th to 12th of April 2019 is now available on the official JEE Main website.
A whopping 9,58,619 candidates applied for the JEE Main, April exam. The students who have appeared in the second phase of the JEE Main 2019 exam can raise an objection to the official answer key. The last date to raise an objection is the 16th of April 2019, i.e. today!
The official notification stated that “The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after the declaration of result of JEE(Main) April 2019 will be entertained,”
Raising An Objection
“Candidates are required to pay online a sum of Rs. 1000 as processing fee for each question challenged. The payment of the processing fee may be made through Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking,” reads the official notice.”
The processing fee of Rs. 1000 will be refunded if the objection raised by a candidate is found to be correct.
The Process Of Raising An Objection
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the ‘Challenge (s) regarding Answer Key’ section.
- Login with the application number and date of birth.
- Candidates will see 90 questions in sequential order.
- If one wishes to challenge this option, he/she may use any one or more of the Option IDs given in the next four columns by clicking the checkbox.
- After clicking your desired option, both for Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for paper I, ‘Save your Claim’ and move to next screen.
- Candidates will see a display of all the Option IDs that they have challenged.
- Candidates can upload supporting documents in which one can select ‘Choose File’ and upload.
- Click on ‘Save your Claim Finally’.
- Candidates will find a screen displaying your challenges.
- Candidates will have to pay the processing fee by clicking on ‘Click here to Pay Fee’.
- Select Mode of Payment and Pay the processing fee @ Rs.1,000/- for each question challenged. Candidates will have to make the payment through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
JEE Main 2019 Results
The official date of JEE Main (April) Paper 1 result declaration is the 30th of April 2019. The JEE Main January results were declared earlier than expected and that might be the case this time around too.