Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and the applications for the exam will begin from 2nd of September 2019. It is held for students seeking admissions in prestigious engineering institutions of India. According to the guidelines laid down by NTA, JEE (Main) will be conducted twice a year – January and April.
In a recent notification, NTA has mentioned that the official application process for JEE Main 2020 will begin on September 2, 2019.
JEE Main 2020 Updates
Here are certain things which students need to note down carefully.
- JEE Main 2020 will be held in January and April. The January session is known as the first attempt and April as the second.
- Students who have registered for the January session, need not register for the April session again. They can log in directly using their old application number and password.
- For students who have appeared in both the sessions, the better of the two scores will be taken into consideration for JEE Main merit list.
- For any update regarding the date, admit card and result students need to visit the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- The JEE Main 2020 Rank will be given along with the JEE Main 2020 April result.
- For content-based lectures, students can visit nta.ac.in. The videos are given by IIT professors and other subject matter experts.
- According to NTA, JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in a computer-based format.
- Giving JEE Main 2020 has become mandatory for foreign-nationals who aspire to get admission in IIITs, NITs and other government-funded engineering colleges in the country.
- Students who obtain a rank in top 2,45,000 will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students appearing for the JEE Main exam should be aware of the eligibility criteria laid down by NTA. This is important to get rid of any last-minute confusion.
- Age: A student should be born after or on October 1, 1995.
- Year of passing: Students who have cleared their XII in 2018, 2019 or will appear in 2020 are eligible for the exam.
- Subjects: Students who have taken Physics and Mathematics with either Biotechnology/Biology/Chemistry are eligible for Paper 1 of JEE Main 2020.
- Attempts: A student can appear for the exam thrice in consecutive years. If he or she appears for both the sessions in the same year, it will be called a single attempt.
To crack JEE Main 2020, students are recommended to go through the JEE Main previous years question papers. This will enable them to understand the kind of questions and concepts asked in the exam.
Giving mock tests on myPAT will also help them in understanding their true potential. Every topic/question counts for JEE Main. Students need to go through a rigorous preparation in order to crack it.