Just like one big and most talked about story which creates a round of rumours first, serious speculations second and then turns true finally, the news of ‘JEE Main being conducted by NTA’ came out no different!
The union education minister Prakash Javadekar announced the change stating that from 2019, aspirants will be able to sit twice a year for JEE Main. Also, the best score of both the exams will be considered for admissions.
The below is the consolidated list of various changes that are been introduced for JEE Main 2019:
* JEE Main will be conducted by NTA
* Aspirants will be able to sit twice a year for the JEE Main exam in January & April 2019
* It will be held completely online
* Aspirants can take both the exams or only one of them
* In case, both the exams are taken, the best score will be considered for admissions
* The exam will be held on multiple dates and aspirants can opt for the date they want to attempt
* NTA will take care of the variation in difficulty levels in the two tests by using specialized standardization techniques while determining the final scores.
However, the syllabus and exam fees would remain the same for this year too.
What does it change for you?
There are still many doubts lingering around for which detailed notification will be released by the organizers. But with whatever known for a while, it is clear that online mode for JEE Main is what needs to be mastered.
Also, consider this as an opportunity that JEE Main can now be taken twice a year. Life does not give second chance, but JEE Main just did
The change does not essentially call for a change in your preparation strategy but start practicing more and that too in an online test environment. This will ensure that there are no surprises on the D-day and you are completely prepared for the online mode.
Make a routine of solving JEE Main sample paper on a regular basis. When around a month is left for the exam, you should take an online test daily in the real test environment and the actual time slot as the actual exam. Do analyse your test performance. By doing that, you can identify your weaknesses, strengths and areas which need improvement.
Most of the students tend to do this common mistake of not improving upon their mistakes and weaknesses. But once you start writing them in a notebook and practicing them more, you will see gradual improvement in your test scores and finally in the actual exam too.
|Take Free Mock Test Now|
Do not panic or worry much. The change in the pattern stands true for every other aspirant and not only you. Prepare sincerely and let Karma handle the rest!
Good luck for Online JEE Main 2019!