The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), is a national level scholarship examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC). The KVPY was started to inspire, encourage and support enthusiastic students to pursue research-based careers in basic sciences. The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India started this examination in the year 1999. Students that qualify this prestigious examination are conferred with the title of ‘KVPY fellows’ and awarded monthly scholarships and annual grants continuing up to their post-graduation.
Read more: Online registrations for KVPY have begun
KVPY is conducted in two rounds – Aptitude Test and Personal Interview. While the aptitude round checks your knowledge across various subjects, the interview tests your knowledge in science and research.
The aptitude test, i.e. round 1 of the KVPY exam is a computer-based test (CBT). To excel in the aptitude test of the KVPY, one must attempt multiple online mock tests.
|Take Free KVPY Mock Test Now|
Admit Card KVPY 2018
The IISC Bangalore shall release the KVPY admit cards online sometime in the second week of October 2018. To download the KVPY admit card, follow the instructions given below:
- Go to the KVPY website’s application portal.
- Login using your login details, i.e. registered ID and password.
- Your KVPY 2018 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the KVPY admit card and print a copy.
- Also, save a soft copy (pdf etc.) for future reference.
Details on the KVPY Admit Card
Before you download your admit card for KVPY 2018, be sure to check your details on the admit card. Your KVPY admit card has the following details:
- Roll Number
- Stream of Exam
- Exam Timings and Shift
- KVPY Exam Centre Address
- Test Centre Code
- Exam Day Guidelines
In case of any discrepancies in the details, candidates must immediately inform the KVPY authorities via email to get it rectified.
Forgot your KVPY 2018 User ID and/or Password?
Always, keep a record of your KVPY user ID and password. Still, in case that you do forget your ID or password, there are ways that you can retrieve it.
- You can refer to the email or text message that you received when you applied for KVPY.
- To retrieve your password/user ID, follow the steps given below:
- On the application portal, click on ‘forgot password’.
- The user ID and password will then be resent to your registered email ID and mobile number.
The KVPY admit card 2018 is a very important document without which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the KVPY. Along with the KVPY admit card, you must also carry with you a valid photo ID such as your school/college ID or Aadhar Card or Passport etc.
For more updates on the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) exam such as important dates, admit card, results etc. keep following the myPAT blog.