The National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) has declared the provisional result of the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2018, Stage 2.
NTSE 2018 Stage 2 scholarship test was conducted on 13th of May 2018 and the result is now available online for download in the PDF format on the official website.
Downloading the Result
Here is how a candidate can download the result of NTSE 2018 Stage 2:
- Visit the official website of NCERT and click on the link to download the result. Here is the link: http://ciet.nic.in/ntsems/ntseanswersheet.php
- To download a candidate needs to provide his/her Roll Number and the Date of Birth.
- After furnishing the details, click on the download tab and save the PDF of the result for future references.
What do the results mean?
The top 1000 candidates who have qualified in the NTSE Stage 2 examination will be the recipient of the famed NTSE scholarship. The scholarship amount is given to the qualified candidates on a monthly basis. The scholarship can be availed from standard 11 to Ph.D. level.
The scholarship amount that can be availed:
|Level of Education||Scholarship Amount (In Rupees)|
|11th to 12th Standard||1250/month|
|Ph.D.||As prescribed by UGC|
How to avail the scholarship?
To claim the scholarship, here is what a qualified candidate must do:
- A duly filled Claim Form has to be submitted every year by the qualified candidates to avail the scholarship.
- Certificate of character signed by the school principal.
- An acceptance of undertaking.
- Bank details.
- Yearly marksheet to keep availing the scholarship every year. The qualified candidates need to score a minimum of 60% in their final examinations.
Other factors that influence the scholarship
Let’s look at the criterion that makes a candidate eligible to keep receiving the grant:
- The qualified candidates must be studying Languages, Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Fine Arts or Vocational Studies up to Ph.D. level. They shouldn’t change the course to keep receiving the grant.
- Attendance and conduct in the class will be a consideration in providing the grant and will have to be certified by the head of the institution.
- Candidates in no circumstances can be employed or choose employment elsewhere while pursuing their education.
Unable to adhere to the conditions, a candidate might be barred from receiving the scholarship permanently or temporarily.
The provisional result is out now, the qualified candidates need to fulfill the other eligibility criteria mentioned above to keep receiving the scholarship.