National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Andhra Pradesh (AP) registrations have begun from August 5, 2019. NTSE AP will be held on November 03, 2019. It is conducted by Directorate of Government Examinations, A.P., Vijayawada as per directions of NCERT.
NCERT recently released the official NTSE 2019-20 notification. Students of Andhra Pradesh studying in class 10th can appear for the examination.
The exam will be held in offline mode or pen-paper based. Students who clear the Stage II of NTSE will be eligible for scholarships.
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Important Dates
The registration dates, as well as other important dates related to the exam have been announced for NTSE Andhra Pradesh Following are all the important dates for NTSE AP:
|Application form online submission starts||5th August 2019|
|Payment can be done from||5th August 2019|
|Last date to upload student’s application by the concerned headmaster||5th September 2019|
|Last date for payment of the fee||7th September 2019|
|Last date for submission of printed Nominal Rolls along with other enclosures in the O/o The District Educational Office concerned by the School (HMs/Principals/Correspondent)||10th September 2019|
|Last date for submission of Printed Nominal Rolls along with the fee receipts by the concerned DEO’s to O/o The Director of Government Examinations, A.P. Vijayawada.||13th September 2019|
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Application Process and Fee
The application form for Andhra Pradesh NTSE can be filled online through the official website and can also be filled offline by obtaining it from the Liaison officer of Andhra Pradesh.
Following are the steps to apply for NTSE in online mode:
- Visit the official website of Directorate of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh.
- Click on ‘NTSE’ on the left side of your screen.
- Click on ‘NTSE Online Application Form’.
- Click on ‘New School Registration’ and fill all the details, then click on ‘Create School’.
- After registration, enter ‘SSC School Code’ and ‘Password’ on the login page.
- Fill all the details, upload your photo and signature, and click on ‘Submit Application’.
- Click on ‘NTSE Payment’ to pay the fee through CFMS (only available option).
- Select the student’s name and click on ‘Proceed Payment’.
- Enter Headmaster’s details and click on ‘Submit & Check Payment’.
- Click on ‘Proceed Payment’ again.
- Select ‘SBI’ and make the transaction.
Points to remember
- After successful payment, a transaction ID will be posted to the Nominal Roll. There will be no option to print the Challan receipt.
- Students should submit the Printed Nominal Rolls of the school along with other enclosures to the concerned DEOs’ (District Education Officer) office before the last date of submission.
- Offline challans, Demand Drafts, or Cheques will not be accepted as a mode of payment.
Students should contact the concerned Liaison Officer of Andhra Pradesh to obtain the application form. The filled-in form should be signed by the school Principal before the last date of submission. The last date should be adhered by the students as well as the Principals of the respective schools. There’s no need to send the application form to NCERT.
Points to remember
- Students need to get their NTSE 2020 Application Form attested from their Principal.
- The application form can be submitted to the Liaison Officer via post or visiting the office physically.
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria to apply for AP NTSE is that the students applying must be in class 10th from a recognized board. Students enrolled in Open Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible for the scholarship.
Students must also fulfill the below-given conditions:
- Should be below 18 years in age (of that particular year)
- Should not be employed
- Should be appearing in Class 10th examination for the first time
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Exam Centers
The Directorate of Government Examinations is responsible for conducting NTSE Andhra Pradesh under the guidelines of NCERT. Any information or enquiry for Andhra Pradesh exam centers can be made from the State Liaison Officer of Andhra Pradesh.
Following are other important details:
|Name of State Liaison Officer||Contact Number||E-mail address||Website|
|Sh. D. Ramachandra Murthy, Deputy Commissioner, Office of The Director of Govt. Examinations D.No. 20-124, Beside SPNRCH High School Opp. Andhra Hospitals, Gollapudi Vijaywada, A.P-521225||0866-2974550|
|dir_govexams @ yahoo.com||main.bseap.org/|
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Exam Pattern
The question paper is divided into two sections – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SAT).
MAT: The questions in this section are designed to judge the ability to think, power of reasoning, ability to judge, evaluate, visualise in space, etc.
SAT: The questions in this section are further divided into Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences.
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||2 hours|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||2 hours|
NTSE Andhra Pradesh Result
AP NTSE Results will be tentatively declared in February 2020. AP NTSE Answer Key will be released sometime before the result declaration. NCERT will release an official notification for the same, and the results can be checked on the official website of NCERT.
The results will be in the form of a merit list. It will contain the roll numbers and other details of the students. A separate merit list will also be declared by NCERT for the students who qualify for NTSE Stage II.