Online registrations for School/Institutes for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) have started from 12th August 2019 and the last date for registration is 6th September 2019.
The application process for students will begin from 6th September 2019 and the last date to submit the application form is 30th September 2019. The date of examination is 17th November 2019.
NTSE Bihar is conducted by State Council of Educational Research & Training Bihar, Mahendru, Patna under the directions of NCERT. The official NTSE 2019-20 notification was released by NCERT last month.
NTSE Bihar Schedule 2019-20
All important dates for NTSE Bihar have been announced. We have tabulated them all below:
|School/institute online registration||12th August – 6th September 2019|
|Online registration for students||6th September|
|Last date for application form submission||30th September 2019|
|Admit card online release||4th November 2019|
|NTSE Bihar Stage 1||17th November 2019|
|NTSE Bihar Result||March 2020 (tentative)|
NTSE Bihar Eligibility Criteria
Students of Bihar studying in class 10th of any school affiliated to Bihar Government/ CBSE/ ICSE/ Bihar State Madrasa Education Board and Bihar Sanksrit Education Board, are eligible to appear for the exam.
Students registered under Open Distance are also eligible to appear for NTSE Bihar. Students should also fulfil the following conditions:
- Should have secured minimum 60% marks in class 9th
- Should be below 18 years in age (as on 1st July 2019)
- Should not be employed
- Should be appearing in Class 10th examination for the first time
NTSE Bihar Application Process
The application process of NTSE Bihar 2019-20 is online. Students need to fill the form from the official website of SCERT, Bihar. The application process consists of four major steps, which are:
- Entering requisite details after registration
- Printing application form, viewing and modifying details before online payment
- Printing application form after making payment.
Here is the detailed process:
- Visit the official website of SCERT Bihar.
- Click on the ‘NTSE Bihar Online Application Portal’ link.
- Click on ‘Candidate Registration & Login’.
- Click on ‘New user click here to register’ button.
- Fill all the details and complete your registration.
- Log in with your credentials for filling the application form
- Fill all the details and click on ‘SEND OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘VERIFY’.
- After successful verification, click on ‘SUBMIT’ button.
A ‘THANK YOU’ page will be displayed after submission, you need to click on ‘Click here to login’. This step allows you to submit your application form to the institute for scrutiny. Follow the subsequent steps now:
- Log in with your credentials.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Upload photographs & signature and click on ‘Save & Continue’.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button and take a print out of the form.
- After downloading the form, the ‘Make Payment’ tab will become active.
- Click on it, fill the details, select payment method and make the payment.
- After successful payment, you need to take the print out of the application form (which will have a ‘PAID’ mark on it.
- Contact your school/institute with the following items handy:
- Copy of the paid application form
- Class 9th mark sheet
- All certificated uploaded with the application form
- Aadhar Card (if available)
Note: Once your application gets approved, you will get a notification for the same through email or SMS.
Students can also contact the Liaison officers of Bihar for any information regarding the application form. Following are the details:
|Name of State Liaison Officer||Address||Contact Number||E-mail Address||Website|
|Sri Binod Kumar Singh (I.A.S)||S.C.E.R.T. Mahendru Post Office, Patna-800006 (Bihar)||email@example.com||http://www.biharscert.in|
NTSE Bihar Application Fee
NTSE Bihar’s application fee needs to be submitted online. Following are the fee details for NTSE Bihar:
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
NTSE Bihar Exam Pattern
The exam will be held in offline mode or pen-paper based. The question paper is divided into two sections – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SAT).
MAT: The questions in this section are designed to judge the ability to think, power of reasoning, ability to judge, evaluate, visualise in space, etc.
SAT: The questions in this section are further divided into Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences.
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||2 hours|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||2 hours|
NTSE Bihar Result
NTSE Bihar Result 2019-20 will be tentatively declared in March 2020. NTSE Bihar Answer Key will be released sometime before the result declaration.
The results will be in the form of a merit list. It will contain the roll numbers and other details of the students.