National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Maharashtra registrations have started from 6th August 2019 and the last date to submit the form is 11th September 2019. The date of examination is 17th November 2019.
NTSE Maharashtra is conducted by Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) under the supervision of NCERT. The official NTSE 2019-20 notification was released by NCERT last month.
NTSE Maharashtra Eligibility Criteria
Students studying in class 10th are considered eligible to appear for NTSE Maharashtra 2019-20. They also need to fulfil the following conditions:
- Should have passed class 9th with minimum 60% marks (55% for reserved categories)
- Should be below 18 years in age (as on 1st July 2019)
- Should not be employed
- Should be appearing in Class 10th examination for the first time
NTSE Maharashtra Important Dates 2019-20
All important dates for NTSE Maharashtra have been announced. We have tabulated them all below:
|Application starts||6th August 2019|
|Last date for online registration||11th September 2019|
|Date of exam||17th November 2019|
|Result declaration||March 2020 (tentative)|
NTSE Maharashtra Application Process
The application process of NTSE Maharashtra 2019-20 is online. Students need to fill the form from the official website of MSCE, Pune. Following are the steps to apply:
- Visit the website of MSCE.
- Read all the instructions.
- Click on ‘School Registration’ button.
- Fill the online form correctly and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Login with the credentials sent on the registered mobile number.
- Click on ‘Student Registration’ button after completion of School Registration.
- Fill the form correctly and upload all the images, then click on ‘Save’ button.
- Click on ‘Preview’ button to check your application before final submission.
- After previewing, click on ‘Proceed to pay’ button.
- Pay the fee online and print the application form.
Note: A copy of the application should be saved to the schools for students’ information.
Students can also contact the Liaison officers of Maharashtra for any information regarding the application form. Following are the details:
|Name of State Liaison Officer||Address||Contact Number||E-mail Address||Website|
|Mr.Dattatraya Jagtap Chairman & Nodal Officer (NTSE)||Maharashtra State Council of Examinations 17-Dr. Ambedkar Road, Pune-411001 (Maharashtra).||020- 26123066||Dgjagtap4464@firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Dattatraya Jagtap Chairman & Nodal Officer (NTSE)||Maharashtra State Council of Examinations 17-Dr. Ambedkar Road,Pune-411001 (Maharashtra).||020- 26123067|
NTSE Maharashtra Application Fee
Students have to pay the application fee through SBI Challan only. Here are the details of the application fee:
|Event||Fee (in INR)|
|Application fee with late fee (till 18th September)||275|
|Late fee till 25th September||400|
NTSE Maharashtra Exam Mode and Pattern
The exam will be held in offline mode or pen-paper based. The question paper is divided into two sections – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SAT).
MAT: The questions in this section are designed to judge the ability to think, power of reasoning, ability to judge, evaluate, visualise in space, etc.
SAT: The questions in this section are further divided into Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences.
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||2 hours|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||2 hours|
NTSE Maharashtra Result
NTSE Maharashtra Result 2019-20 will be tentatively declared in March 2020. NTSE Maharashtra Answer Key will be released sometime before the result declaration. The results will be in the form of a merit list.