National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) West Bengal registrations have started from 8th August 2019 and the last date to submit the form is 31st August 2019. The date of examination is 17th November 2019.
NTSE West Bengal is conducted by the Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091, under the directions of NCERT. The official NTSE 2019-20 notification was released by NCERT last month.
NTSE West Bengal Important Dates 2019-20
All important dates for NTSE West Bengal have been announced. We have tabulated them all below:
|Application starts||1st August 2019|
|Last date for online registration||31st August 2019|
|Last date to edit/change application||8th September 2019|
|Date of exam||17th November 2019|
|Result declaration||March 2020 (tentative)|
NTSE West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
Students of West Bengal studying in class 10th of any recognized school by W.B.B.S.E./W.B.B.M.E./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E with minimum 50% marks in class 9th are eligible for NTSE WB 2019-20. Reserved category students must have scored 40% in class 9th to be eligible.
Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) with 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in pre-10th level are also eligible to appear for NTSE West Bengal.
To be eligible, students should also fulfil the following conditions:
- Should be below 18 years in age (as on 1st July 2019)
- Should not be employed
- Should be appearing in Class 10th examination for the first time
NTSE West Bengal Application Process
The application process of NTSE West Bengal 2019-20 is online. Students need to fill the form from the official website of School Education Department, Government of West Bengal.
The process is divided into three parts: a) Registration, b) Form Filling and c) Finalising Application.
- Visit the official website of SED West Bengal.
- Click on ‘New user register here’ link on the page.
- Click on ‘State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2020’ link.
- Click on ‘Proceed to registration’.
- Fill all the details and click on ‘Register’.
- After successful registration, you can download registration details.
- Click on ‘Login window’ to fill the application form.
- Click on ‘Application’ and then on ‘Form Fill Up’ to start the process.
- Login to your account using the registration details.
- Fill all the required details, upload the images and save the form.
- Cross-check the form for any mistakes and then ‘Lock filled details’.
- Go to ‘Download section’ and click on ‘Verification Certificate’.
- Take a print out and get the certificate signed with an official seal by the Head of the School/Institution (HOI).
- Scan the 2nd page of the verification certificate.
- After locking of form, you need to upload supporting documents (caste or disability certificates, if applicable).
- Click on ‘Upload’, then upload the supporting documents.
- After successful uploading, ‘finalise application’ button will be activated.
- Click and confirm ‘Finalise Application’ to finalise your application process.
- You will be notified for any update once your form is sent for verification.
Note: Students whose application is rejected will get an option of rectifying their application by 8th September 2019.
Students can also contact the Liaison officers of West Bengal for any information regarding the application form. Following are the details:
|Name of Officer||Address||Contact Number||E-mail Address||Website|
|Dr. Saumitra Mohan (I.A.S) Commissioner of School Education||Directorate of School Education Bikas Bhawan, 7th Floor, East Block, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 (West Bengal)||firstname.lastname@example.org||www.wbsed.gov.in|
|Dr. Syed Nurus Salam Deputy Director of School Education (Basic)||Directorate of School Education BikasBhawan, 7th Floor, East Block, Salt Lake City, Kolkata700091 (West Bengal)||email@example.com|
NTSE West Bengal Exam Mode and Pattern
The exam will be held in offline mode or pen-paper based. The question paper is divided into two sections – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SAT).
MAT: The questions in this section are designed to judge the ability to think, power of reasoning, ability to judge, evaluate, visualise in space, etc.
SAT: The questions in this section are further divided into Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences.
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||2 hours|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||2 hours|
NTSE West Bengal Result
NTSE West Bengal Result 2019-20 will be tentatively declared in March 2020. NTSE West Bengal Answer Key will be released sometime before the result declaration.
The results will be in the form of a merit list. It will contain the roll numbers and other details of the students.