Time flies, doesn’t it? We are already in the second half of 2019. It feels as if it was January a few days back. But truth be told, we are midway through and only six months remain for 2020 to arrive.
There’s a reason behind this reference of changing times. As the times have changed, so have the traditional methods of learning. We are in a fast-paced era where time means everything, especially for students.
Students must ensure that they don’t run out of time while preparing for their exams, tests, etc. To accomplish this, they must adopt new methods of learning. Improvisation in the process of learning is the key to it.
To make this happen, students need the support of their parents. Most parents disapprove of this method as they consider the traditional approach to be the best one and also because they are not aware of the terms like online learning or E-learning.
While traditional learning is not of any less value, but modern learning methods have the edge over it in a lot of ways.
Let’s understand further with some valid reasons as to why it’s necessary to move on from traditional methods of learning and move to online learning. Keep on reading:
- Ease of Learning: Online learning provides accessibility and affordability. In the past decade, the internet boom has directly led to the growth of online learning. Your child can now study efficiently as per their convenience without worrying about time restrictions. E-learning is also useful for students from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities who can’t afford expensive schooling or coaching.
- Rote Learning isn’t Learning: Another big aspect of the traditional method of learning is rote learning – a staple of Indian education. Students swear by this method and think of clearing their examination with the same. Unfortunately, this mindset needs to be changed, and you as parents must act to make your child understand its drawbacks.
- Practicising Online: Pen-paper practising is a thing of the past. The best part about E-learning is the option of taking online mock tests. These online tests help in analysing your child’s performance, providing detailed solutions and aid in improving their weak sections.
- Continuous Evaluation: Traditional method of learning doesn’t encourage continuous and comprehensive assessment of your child’s academic progress. Modern learning methods assist in accurate evaluation of your child’s performance and growth.
- Global Connect: Another significant aspect of E-learning is global exposure. Your child can access live projects, real-time mentoring, and one-on-one interaction on an online platform. It allows them to connect and share information with like-minded people across the globe.
The traditional method of learning is concerned with only the teacher being in control. On the other hand, in modern learning methods, the students are the decision-makers themselves. The new changes have made a significant impact on the way students learn, as educators keep finding new solutions to meet the needs of students in a time-friendly way.
Dear parents, students today are not much enthusiastic about the traditional educational system. Stop worrying and just let them learn the way they want!