Are you one of those people who dream of studying in BITS Pilani?
Do you look at your face in the mirror every morning and think that you are born to be a BITSian?
Are you determined to crack BITSAT 2019?
Then, read up!
While the competition for BITSAT is nothing short of tough, it is not impossible to crack the same. BITSAT is a MCQ based examination, testing the knowledge of aspirants across PCM. With competitive exams, more than acquiring knowledge in subjects, practice helps a person be successful.
The only secret to do well in such exams is practicing enough BITSAT mock tests and BITSAT Previous Year Papers. Here are a few tips to be kept in mind before you start:
- Practice tests in the real test environment. Time yourself as per the actual exam and complete the practice examination in one go. BITSAT is usually a 3-hour examination, and to be taken without a break.
- BITSAT mock tests and previous year papers help diagnose your strengths and weaknesses. Once you have gone through the test, go through answers to see which were tricky or those that you could not answer. Use online resources to understand the problem areas and master them.
- Use BITSAT Previous Papers to work on your speed. Once you identify your strong area, you will no longer need to divide equal time among sections. You can focus on one section that consumes a lot of your time and effort.
Some of the common topics that have been asked in BITSAT subject-wise over the years are mentioned below. This is just a guideline for students and the below-mentioned topics are not guaranteed to be covered among other topics in the examination.
Mathematics: Algebraic Problems, Trigonometry, Geometry and Calculus.
Physics: Motion Energy, Thermodynamics, Electricity
Chemistry: Energy, Ionic Character, Chemical Reactions and Hybridization.
English: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction and Grammar, Antonyms, Synonyms and Word Choice
Critical Reasoning: Number Sequences, Analogies, Inferencing and Problem-solving exercises.
Tentative dates for BITSAT 2019 is as follows:
|Test Dates||May 16-31, 2019|
|Admission Applications with 12th marks and preferences||May 1- 18, 2019|
|Waitlist announcement and admission list announcement||June 20, 2019|
Exam information and results will be available online on the BITS Pilani official website. When the results are released, the Merit List will be announced for the admitted students and waitlisted students in two separate lists.
In the case of a tie, while allocating merit, the following procedure will be used to deliberate and break the tie:
- Mathematics or Biology subject (for B.Pharm) will be used to break the tie.
- Scores obtained in Physics and Chemistry will be used for tie-breaking purposes.
- Total marks obtained in PCM/PCB in Grade 12 examination would be used for separation purposes.
The BITSAT or Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is the entrance examination that is administered by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (Pilani), an all India higher education institute for men and women.
BITS Pilani, has one campus in Dubai and three based in Goa, Pilani and Hyderabad. The exam consists of 4 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.