With the dream of being an engineer, every year almost 11 Lakh students appear for the coveted Joint Entrance Examination. If you are one of them and haven’t qualified in the examination or have qualified in the examination but not getting a good college, then fret not. BITSAT is here to rescue you and fulfill your dream of being an engineer.
For many, the IITs are the final destination. Even if they qualify in JEE Main, cracking JEE Advanced isn’t easy. If you are unsure of JEE Advanced 2019, BITSAT is all the more important for you.
Why should you choose BITSAT?
The Birla Institute of Technology is one of the best engineering colleges in India. The repute of this institution isn’t behind the famed IITs and will give you a great career prospect once you have graduated from it.
Congruent features of JEE Main and BITSAT
Since you have been preparing for JEE Main, molding yourself for BITSAT won’t be that tough as the syllabus of both exams is pretty much the same.
BITSAT, like JEE Main, will test your concept understanding, speed, and accuracy in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The only added subjects in the BITSAT examination are English and Logical Reasoning, which isn’t that tough.
BITSAT Mock Tests and Previous Papers
BITSAT is just a few days to go now. Your focus should be to solve as many previous year papers and mock tests.
Time yourself as per the actual exam and complete the practice exams in one go. BITSAT is usually a 3-hour examination, and to be taken without a break.
BITSAT mock tests and previous year papers help diagnose your strengths and weaknesses. Once you have gone through the test, go through answers to see which were tricky or those that you could not answer.
Last Minute Preparation Tip: Take myPAT’s Pre-BITSAT Test Series and give yourself a chance to improve your BITSAT 2019 score by 27%.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: BITSAT is a computer-based test (CBT). So, you can only take it in the online mode.
- Questions: The paper contains 150 questions, 40 each for physics and chemistry, 45 for mathematics, 15 for English and 10 for logical reasoning. The questions are objective type. Each question has an equal weightage of marks.
How is BITSAT different from JEE Main?
Apart from the standard number of questions, you will get 12 bonus questions to improve your scores and further enhance your chances of qualifying in the examination. Here are some details of the bonus question:
- The 12 extra questions comprise of 4 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Math.
- Marking scheme these bonus questions are the same.
- You won’t be getting any extra time to attempt these bonus questions.
- To be eligible to attempt the 12 extra questions, you must answer all the 150 questions without skipping any of them in the main section.
- Once you choose to attempt these bonus questions, you cannot go back to or change your answers in the 150 questions section.
- Consider attempting the extra questions only if you have at least 20 minutes left.
BITSAT 2019: Important Dates
|Online application for BITSAT starts||January 4, 2019|
|Online application for BITSAT ends||March 20, 2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for registration fee payment||March 20, 2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Application form editing dates||March 22 to March 25, 2019|
|Exam centre allotment||March 27, 2019|
|Booking exam slot starts||March 28, 2019|
|Booking exam slot ends||April 8, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card starts||April 12, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card ends||May 13, 2019|
|Online BITSAT date starts||May 16, 2019|
|Online BITSAT date ends||May 27, 2019|
|Applying for admission dates||May 16 to June 18, 2019|
|Admission and waitlist announcements||June 20, 2019|