Before exploring the best books, it’s good to know what JEE is.
The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is the gateway to Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI’s) including National Institute of Technologies (NIT’s) and Indian Institute of Technologies (IIT’s). The exam is conducted in two parts: JEE Main by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and JEE Advanced, by a designated IIT.
How to begin preparing for JEE 2019:
JEE is considered as one of the most challenging entrance tests and aspirants take rigorous ways to crack it and find a spot in top engineering colleges in India. Toppers suggest that preparation for an exam like JEE requires a minimum of 2 years. Besides finding the best books, resources, an aspirant must also take mock tests and solve previous year’s papers to understand the exam pattern and improve speed and accuracy.
The apt way for an aspirant to begin preparation for JEE is to find the best books. Before venturing into the realm of reference books, an aspirant must keep in mind that NCERT books are the core of the exam. An aspirant targeting for the JEE exam must be well averse with NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics books. Reference books will come in handy once an aspirant is done with the concepts.
There are numerous books available in the market but it’s not possible to go through each one of them. Here is a list of must-have books to make an aspirant’s preparation of JEE Main and JEE Advanced easy:
Physics Books for JEE:
- C Verma Concept of Physics part 1 and 2: Recommended by experts for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov: for JEE Advanced.
- IIT-JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey: good book for JEE Advanced.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick, Halliday, and Walker: This book is useful for covering difficult topics in JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- University Physics : Freedman and Young
- Problem In Physics : SS Krotov
Get More Details about Physics Books for JEE Main 2019 Preparations: Click Here
Mathematics Books for JEE:
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma: for JEE Main.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight: Good practice book for JEE Main and JEE Advanced especially for numericals.
- Trigonometry and Geometry books by S.L. Loney: for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Problems in calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron: Covers difficult numericals to help an aspirant prepare well.
- Differential Calculus by A Das Gupta: for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna: for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Differential and Integral Calculus by N. Piskunov
Get More Details about Maths Books for JEE Main 2019 Preparations: Click Here
Chemistry Books for JEE:
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd: Good book to begin for fundamentals after NCERT.
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon: Good book for theories.
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon: Must-have for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee: This book will help in problem-solving.
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur: For both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Moder approach to chemical calculations by R.C Mukherjee: For JEE Main.
- University Chemistry by Freedman and Young
Get More Details about Chemistry Books for JEE Main 2019 Preparations: Click Here
So, are books enough? No, books are just a tool to crack JEE, but preparation completely depend on the aspirant. Not only books but study materials provided by coaching centers are also a crucial resource to have while preparing for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
|Take a Free Mock Test Now|
The next step in pursuit of cracking the exam is the most important one: Taking mock tests and solving Previous year’s papers. What is being learned needs to be put to test as JEE is all about speed and accuracy.
|Free Download : JEE Main & Advanced Previous Year Papers with Solutions|
JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2019 is just a year away and it is not impossible to ace the exam with perseverance, a good resource repository, and practice muscles.
All the best!